What is a Health Care Home?
The Health Care Home (HCH) model is designed to deliver an improved and more sustainable primary care service in New Zealand. It enhances a patient and whanau experience, improved quality of care, benefits for clinicians and greater practice efficiency.
HCH introduces change to improve access for patients and to keep general practice sustainable, through a process of continuous improvement.
As part of Broadway's Health Care Home journey, we have implemented changes across the practice under the HCH model of care to continually improve the service we provide our patients.
Health Care Home Patient Journey Video: https://youtu.be/IT4zyrxBtOY
Health Care Home Model of Care
An integrated care management model that benefits patients and practices
Our vision for the future
Pae Ora — Healthy FuturesPae Ora is a holistic concept and includes three interconnected elements:
- mauri ora — healthy individuals
- wai ora — healthy environments
- whānau ora — healthy families
Whānau OraWhānau Ora is a culturally grounded, holistic approach to improving the wellbeing of whānau as a group and addressing individual needs within the context of whānau. Characteristics include:
- building whānau capability to support whānau self-management, independence and autonomy
- putting whānau needs and aspirations at the centre with services that are integrated and accessible
- building trusting relationships between service providers and whānau, and between government agencies and iwi
- developing a culturally competent and technically skilled workforce able to adopt a holistic, whānau centred approach to supporting whānau aspirations
- supporting funding, contracting and policy arrangements, as well as effective leadership from government and iwi, to support whānau aspirations (TPK, 2016).